Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween M&M Cookie Mix

One of my best friend's daughter is at school and living in her own apartment while playing Division I field hockey which keeps her so busy.  She loves to bake but finding the time is hard with sports, her studies and a boyfriend.  I thought this would be a cute Halloween gift for her.  I love that you can get all different colors of M&M;s depending on the season.  You can make this jar for gifts all year round and just switch up the Ewe-N-Me Printables Jars Hang Tags to match the season or occasion.  


 Hang Tags - Halloween Jars
I love how cute this came out.  I used some Stickles to highlight the pumpkin on the tag and then on another tag cut out the cat and pumpkin and used some black Stickles on the cat and some Glossy Accents on the bow on his hat.  I found that it is better to put the Stickles on sparingly and then I used a QTip and wiped most of the glitter off so that you could still see the detail in the image.

I used my My Favorite Things dies again to punch out two circles for the top cover.  I love that when you buy this printable you get 8 tags on one sheet of paper.  I hope you try this recipe out and show us what you did.  You can find this and many other wonderful printables at the Ewe-N-Me Printables store.

Supplies Needed:
Wide Mouth Mason Jar
1 1/2 cups M&M's
1/4 cup white sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
Ice Cream Scoop (to pack down layers)

Recipe to attach to tag:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour contents into a bowl and mix well.  Work in 3/4 cup of softened butter with your hands until the mixture is crumbly.  In a separate bowl beat 1 tsp vanilla with 1 egg.  Mix wet ingredients into dry.  Place heaping Tablespoons on cookie sheet and bake 10-14 minutes.
Hugs,
Anita


2 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is super cute Anita! I'm working on something similar. I had to test out the recipe last night...wow...m&m's along with chocolate chips makes for some SWEET cookies.

Ewe-N-Me said...

I love this project!! So cute... and the cookies sound delish!!

Deena