Thursday, January 15, 2015

Scrap Treasures- CardMaker Magazine

Hi Everyone:

I am so excited to be sharing my first post for CardMaker Magazine.  This is a regular feature that they have called Scrap Treasures and the idea is that we create a card using the scraps from a previous project.

I recently made a card with this lovely Pink Paislee  collection called Bella Rouge and was excited to play with it again.  I decided to use the Winter Sketch from CardMaker and had a great time planning out my card.

Here is a photo of my scraps:



Here is a photo of the sketch that I used.  CardMaker has some fabulous sketches.  You should check them out when you have a minute.  They are a great jumping off point for your creativity.


I made this card for a sweet friend that I am spending the weekend with scrapping and crafting starting today.  I love this while embossed stack that I bought from Die Cuts with A View as it does the work of embossing for you and there are lovely designs to choose from.





Tip:   When I am working from a 6X6 pad for cards I tuck the extra pieces that go along with the collection, that I might want to use again, back into the pad

Supplies Used:  Pink Paislee Bella Rouge, 6X6 paper pad and Butterflies, Die Cuts with a View, White Embossed Stack, Shopevalicious.com, Flowers and Wings Badge Buttons, Studio Calico Gems

1 comment:

Pia S said...

This is so beautiful and feminine!
Love your tip about storing the leftover pieces. My tip is to cut from the centre, it leaves me with frames of paper that is easier to use for other projects, getting the most out of my papers.