Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June Birthday Cards


Anita here saying happy June to everyone.  Summer is such a busy time and I like to get a jump on the occasion cards that I need for those closest to me.  I made this card for one of my best friend's to commemorate her birthday and the special place that she holds in my life.  I fell in love with this cut file in the Digiplaygound store called Buttery Flourish Gate Fold Card by Daniela Angelova.

 Butterfly Flourish Gate Fold Card
I used some polka dotted acrylic sheets with polka dots on them from Bella Boulevard and it just elevated the elegance of this card.
These side views shows off the acrylic nicely.
Another early June birthday that I wanted to make an extra special card for is for my nephew Adam.  He is the sweetest young man and always willing to lend a helping hand.  He loves boats so I tend to always make him a boat themed card.  I found this cut file in the Digiplayground store and it is called Yacht Papercut 7X5 card by Nic Squirrell.  You should check it out.  
That's it for me for today.  Be sure to check out the store for all the new goodies as both of these are new and not to be missed.
Project Materials:
Echo Park Jack and Jill
Simple Stories Homespun
Bella Boulevard McIntosh Confetti Clear Cut
Queen & Co. Red Rhinestones
The Twinery Twine
October Afternoon Treasure Map Patterned Paper and Embellishments

Anita





1 comment:

Mary Holshouser said...

the boat on the waves is a fun card.
Love the other cards - the butterfly opening is so pretty.
thanks for sharing.