Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Recipe Card Box

Anita here with a fun Christmas recipe card box which I made using several different files from Lori's store.  It is called 4X6 recipe box and you can find it here in Lori's store and here in the Silhouette store.  I hosted a cookie swap last weekend a made one of these boxes for each of the lovely ladies who participated in the swap.  The box is so easy to assemble and you can decorate it any way you want.
These are the pieces that you are going to need for the box top.  Lori labels her pieces to let you know which piece is for the inner lid and box to cover up your paper seams.  I left the note on my piece when I loved it onto to my cutting mat and then when I pulled if off after it was cut I marked on the back side with a pencil which piece was the inner piece.  It makes things so much easier.
Here are the pieces for the box itself.  
Glue together the sides of the lid.
Glue the top tabs down folded into the inside.  Then glue the side and top flaps down.
Glue lid liner into cover.
Glue top on the lid.  You are now ready to put the decorative pieces on your box.
Glue together main recipe box at sides.
Glue bottom piece onto box.  You can see that I have my note that I wrote on the piece before I took it off my  mat.
Add liner to main box with glue and you are ready to decorate your box also.
The cut file for the box comes with the divider set as well.  I also used a print and cut label called Merry Christmas Print and Cut Phrase which you can find here in Lori's store and here in the Silhouette store.  I also used a print and cut recipe card for my cookie swap.  I used my Xyron to run the pieces through to decorate the box.  You can see my label above that is still on the Xyron backing paper.  
Here is the box open with the dividers in it.  Such a sweet and fun holiday gift.  My ladies were so excited by their boxes and you can make one up quickly too.  Happy Holidays to everyone.  I made Mocha Dot cookies which everyone seemed to love.  If you want the recipe, let me know.
Hugs,

No comments: